Friday, October 7, 2011

Warmth, in all it's forms

What makes me happy?  Especially when the weather turns cold and wet?  Warmth.  In all it's forms. 

Tea or Coffee?  Well, that's not fair question, is it?  I love and need them both.  But this Tea Cosy from Felt, a New Zealand site for handmade goods, makes me feel all warm and toasty inside.  It has inspired me to make the steaming cup that I'm sipping as I blog right now.
[ Source: felt ]

Yoga.  One of my best friends from my Deutschkurs is a yoga teacher.  She's has one of the biggest hearts in the world and is the BEST yoga teacher I've ever had.  She's been giving me and a couple friends from class lessons over the past few months.  I'm totally hooked now.  The day we get together is my favorite day of the week.  
Here we are after yesterday's lesson in Stadtpark.  It was forecasted to be the last warm day before fall really set in so we decided to practice in the park.  Sadly, Noam and Lisa (the 3rd and 4th from the left) are leaving us to move to Israel and this was Noam's last practice (Lisa's will be next week).  We'll miss you guys!   

Tutoring English.  Now that the school year has begun again, I've started back with tutoring!  I get the same high from tutoring that I do from yoga.
Here's where I tutored today.  The Stiftung der Theresianischen Akademie in Wien is a private boarding school governed by public schools laws, which was founded by Maria Theresa of Austria in 1746.

Time with my husband.  While he works hard all the time, David's right in the middle of a couple of very busy weeks at work.  Consequently, we haven't been able to spend much time together, nor we will for a little while longer.  But last Saturday and Sunday, rather than working long hours at the office, he worked from home.  This weekend, he'll be doing the same.  But even if we can't be hiking, or cycling, or sitting in a cafe together, just being in the same space with him makes me feel warm inside.  Cheesy, but true.

Fall, winter, spring, or summer, I'm lucky to have a lot of warmth in my life.
Vienna has turned cold and wet.  But, warm still.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tea, Yoga, Tutoring, David. If we could wrap all those up into one day, it would be spectacular. Maybe in December we try drinking tea, while doing yoga, tutoring Andrew in the task, while David belly laughs. THAT will be a good day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...