Friday, December 2, 2011

The Warmth of the Season in a Mug

My girlfriend Kajsa introduced me to this chai tea recipe when I was visiting her in Sweden four years ago.  It's quite tasty and it's a great start to the holiday season!
Kajsa's Chai Tea
4 dl water (a little less than 1 3/4 cups)
2 packets black tea
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 ginger powder
4 whole cloves
3 dl milk (a little less than 1 1/3 cups)

Boil all ingredients except for milk.  Add the milk.  Let sit for 2 minutes.  Enjoy!

My girlfriend Vera introduced me to her homemade healthy tea.  We were sharing our home remedies for colds in class and Vera told us about her Kick-the-Cold tea.  We made it together last week.  As fate would have it, David was sick this weekend and he drank an entire pot of it.  He felt all better 24 hours later.  So, I guess it works! 
 Vera's Kick-the-Cold Tea
8 cups water
1 packet green tea
1 orange sliced
1 lemon sliced
1 inch sliced ginger
3 cinnamon sticks
honey

Combine all ingredients except for the honey.  Bring to a boil, then simmer.  The longer the tea simmers, the better.  Add a tablespoon of honey to an empty mug.  Ladle warm tea into the mug.  Stir, sip, and feel that nasty cold leave your body.

And these pictures are just for fun.  Isn't Vienna beautiful this time of year?!


4 comments:

Greetings from Texas! said...

Amazing photos and the tea looks delicious! Excited to have discovered your blog!

Unknown said...

I'm going to make the Kick-the-cold tea tomorrow. I love it! I also love Vienna. Andrew just told me it won best city in the world again for a second year in a row...now he says it might be the 5th or 6th or 237th year in a row. It rocks. You rock.

Ich liebe dich, Fred Claus.

Mirage said...

Chai! :D

Hi! Thanks for the link to my blog, I however switched back to blogspot. http://viennadaily.blogspot.com --- the other one is mostly paid posts :D (i earn from blogging)--- will link you to my blogger blog. enjoy!

Ola said...

Beatiful city, that's true

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...