Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Beginnings

Foxy opened up for the season!  This may not mean much to you, but it means a great deal to me and David.  Frozen yogurt isn't so common in these here parts, but this little treat from home just so happens to be in der Nähe.  Spring + Frozen Yogurt = Happy Camper

We weren't the only ones who stopped by Foxy's on their first day of reopening.  The line in the late afternoon was impressive, and this little entrepreneur was clever enough to set up his seashell shop on the sidewalk in front of Foxy's to take advantage of the large yogurt-loving crowd.


Not a lemonade stand, but a seashell stand.  How adorable is that?  Well, I'll tell you, he wasn't the first clever child to come up with the concept.  My sisters and I patented the idea during the 80's while summering in Stone Harbor, NJ.  Unlike this chap, we painted our seashells and sold them for a respectable nickle.  This swindler was selling them for 0,50€ or 1,00€.  Whatever.  We were swindled and of course bought two.  Actually, the little guy told us that he collected them in Florida.  How about that?  I guess he factored in the transportation cost into the total item price.  Being ripped off aside, this was a successful day, I tell you.

And just for kicks, I thought I'd share some photos of our latest Sunday brunch at The Point of Sale.  I had the Mexican breakfast and David had the English breakfast.  Deeelish. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought one could only sell sea shells by the seashore. I was clearly mistaken. I wonder how he found out about such a brilliant idea? I'm glad you bought two. I would have done the same. He's impressive to get them through customs.

And your yogurt and breakfasts? DELICIOUS! I'd love to share a virtual yogurt with you right now!

Dorte said...

Yay.. Yogurt ice cream is the best. And I love your new spring header! Listen, I plan to jump around different cafes to suck the Viennese atmosphere out of the last week we're in town. If you have time maybe we can have a coffee together? Would be nice with company. If interested we can settle the details via email (mine's dorteep@hotmail.com) Hope you have more ice cream this weekend, where they say it will be sunny and warm. Double yay!

Jennifer said...

I can hear the surf.... AAAAWWWWWW.
Glad you helped the little fella out. Always exciting to sell your wares. Looks like quite the yummy brunch. Such great food in your hometown. Miss you guys. Hope Spring is truly in your near future. Predicting 80 in K-town today. Lunch on the back porch. Love and hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...