Thursday, April 26, 2012

Latte Art

So, I order a cappuccino at ODC and not minutes later was this gently placed in front of me.  After I made the appropriate "oh, ah, toll, schön!" noises, the waiter smiles and says to me, "Ein Spiegelbild" (a mirror). 


Um, ok.  A bear?  Really?  I'm not sure how to make sense of this.  Is he suggesting that I'm cute or hairy?  Either way, it's cool.  The bear tasted as all good Italian cappuccino bears taste, heavenly.  And my hair keeps me warm in the winter.


Isn't latte art cool?  What's the best design you've seen?

4 comments:

Greetings from Texas! said...

Um, that's pretty awesome. I might make the trip to Vienna just for that. Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Yes, I can finally, finally comment, so get ready. I've been excited about this post for a while. Here are my hypotheses:

1) This person is a grown genius and knows about teddy, recreated teddy, and brought teddy to you in the form of a latte. Yes? No.

2) You took teddy with you to get a latte. The mirror reflection was him. Yes?

3) Teddy followed you to the cafe unbeknownst to you. The server saw teddy.

4) The server-genius knows about JCBear and wanted to bring a little taste of West Hills ES to you. Yes? Closer?

5) Were you wearing the wooly gloves you got for Kimmy in Sweden? This could be a hint.

6) Bears are cute and cuddly. Though strong, you also just want to hug them. This is likely what he was picking up on. Yes? No.

Either way, I LOVED it! Your photos are beautiful, Linds. Ich liebe dich!

Jennifer said...

I remember watching a tv programs, it was actually a competition somewhere on the west coast. These people are very creative.... But for someone to do it, just to make someone happy and smile... Now that is VERY cool. I bet they saw that special something in you that makes others smile AND in turn, they want to make you happy. You have ability my dear. Your smile is contagious.

Anonymous said...

I have another theory about what your waiter might have meant by "ein Spiegelbild". "Spiegel" in German does not only mean mirror but also "the surface of a liquid". So, I think the waiter was just trying to make a cute pun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...