Friday, June 17, 2011

Schlafen Sie gut!

Good news! Our bed and mattresses arrived yesterday! We've been sleeping on an air mattress since the end of February (that's got to be some kind of world record!) and the inevitable slow leak materialized this weekend, so it was perfect timing that the deliveryman appeared yesterday afternoon. Our goods were originally scheduled to arrive at the end of April, but for some reason (which we're still not completely sure of) we were informed that the delivery date was pushed back to mid-June. Well it's mid-June now (almost 4 months later!) and our beautiful bed is settling in and becoming acquainted with its new room.

Grüne Erde (Green Earth) is the manufacturing company from whom we ordered our bed, mattresses, and nightstands. All of their products are hand-crafted from local, organic, and sustainable materials and produced right here in Austria or our friendly neighbor, Germany. The company uses only high-quality textiles from natural fibers in their hand-sewn mattresses which are good for humans and the environment. Their products are simple and uncomplicated and make me feel like a calmer, better, fresher person.

If I had all the money in the world, I'd buy all of my products from this store. Well, first I'd donate all the money necessary to animal shelters around the world so that pound puppies had a more comfortable life while waiting for their families to take them home. Then, I'd buy monthly plane tickets for all of my family members to visit us in Vienna, and I'd fund research to find a cure for Crohn's Disease. I'd also sponsor See Beautiful. After all this - in addition to feeding the hungry, eliminating Global Warming, and replacing global conflict with cooperation (with money, right?) - I'd buy my living, beauty, and fashion products from Grüne Erde.

Alas, I don't have all the money in the world. What I do have though is a loving and brilliant husband, two soul sisters who happen to share my blood, supportive and generous parents, interesting and intelligent friends, a warm home, delicious Apfeltascherl, and a bed from Grüne Erde.

I wish you a good night's sleep tonight. As for us, we'll be hunkering down and sleeping all weekend long!

Just assembled!
All dressed up and ready to be slept in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...