Friday, August 26, 2011

When it's Hot

Summer
When it's hot
I take my shoes off
I take my shirt off
I take my pants off
I take my underwear off
I take my whole body off
and throw it in the river.
~Frank Asch

When it is hot enough to throw our whole bodies into the river. . .

we head to the Donauinsel. . .

and we eat strawberry and kiwi fruit pops. . .

and we lay like vegetables in front of this.

Allegedly, this weekend will be another hot one in Vienna.  So, I'll take my shoes off, my shirt off, my pants off, my underwear off, my whole body off, and I'll throw it in the river.  Or the pool.  We may meet a friend at this one.

I hope you all have a lovely, relaxing, and enjoyable summer weekend too!  

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hope there is room in the pool for everyone..... Hope the heat spell ends soon. It was 97 here at 7 so no riding last night. but at least we have AC...

rockinkez said...

i've been wanting to try out that pool for a long time but still haven't made it. let me know what you think if you do! enjoy!

Unknown said...

Oh, take your whole self off. I think your fan sends an appropriate message. Everything's going to be "ok". :)

kimbirdy said...

fruit pops and swimming - that sounds absolutely perfect! and something i could really go for right now. it's been ridiculously hot here in LA lately and all i can think about is finding a good swimming hole.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...